The Cherub


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Name: Cherub
DOB: May, 2001
Sign: Gemini
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue/Green
Trademark: Golden curls
Likes: Super heroes, rescue heroes, Thomas the Tank Engine, puzzles, books, animals, pizza, mac and cheese, organic horizon chocolate milk and hugs.
Dislikes: Vegetables, bedtime, getting his hair washed
Idiosyncrasies: Likes to Wear his shoes on the wrong feet.
Personality: Fairly easy-going. Good-natured. Preternaturally patient. Behaves best when one on one. Loves human interaction. Is very affectionate. Has no problem with solitary play-time. Loves to be read to. Is a people pleaser. Likes to wrestle and to be tickled. Enjoys playing with water. Has more emotional than verbal maturity. Is very trusting.
_____________________________________________________
Cherub was the first baby I ever truly took care of on a continual basis. He was fiteen months old when I started with his family. His sister was three. No matter how many kids I get, this one will always have a special place in my heart. He was the first child to tell me he loved me. (More importantly, without any outside instigation.) We grew up together. I was still very much a child when I first met him and he's helped me grow in ways I can't even fathom. He's taught about love, devotion, compassion and caring. He continues to suprise me, constantly.
_____________________________________________________
The moment I knew he was a little devil.
Don't let his gorgeous curls and innocent green eyes fool you. This little one always has something up his sleeve. I remember one afternoon when he was 18 months old. He was busy playing with his Thomas trains and his big sister, Pipsqueak, was coloring across the room. With an air of casual nonchalance, he toddled over to where she lay on the floor, picked up the box of markers she had been using and off-handedly through them to the floor, scattering them. He then proceeded to scamper right back to his train table after giving me a sly grin. I was schocked an in awe of the little guy. Already, at only 18 months, he knew what and how to make his sister tick. More importantly he knew it was wrong. Upon receiving his three minute timeout sentence, he didn't even throw a tantrum but merely stood in the corner, patiently waiting for his punishment to be over. I was floored. I still have to remind myself not to underestimate him.


1 Responses to “The Cherub”

  1. Anonymous mrumrici 

    How's it gone?
    hydrocodone addiction

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Profile of a Mommy for Hire
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Cool Links